Senior Slurry Pipeline Engineer
At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder Associates Ltd. is seeking a Senior Slurry Pipeline Engineer to support the Canadian Pipeline Design Team from our Vancouver, BC office. Other locations in key market areas will be considered.
The qualified candidate will have an expertise in engineering design, procurement, and commissioning related to piping, mineral processing and slurry transportation systems to support our ongoing services to mining, utility and private industry clients.
An overview of your role will include:
- Prepare project funding documents such as cost estimates, equipment bid summaries and authorization requests.
- Develop project scoping documents such as routing studies, construction methodology, design criteria and alignment sheets.
- Direct detailed engineering by junior staff including line hydraulic calculations and equipment sizing and specifications.
- Design of alternative instruction methods including HDD, micro-tunneling, and jack and bore
- Work with other disciplines within pipeline engineering for "outside the fence construction", including land permitting, environmental regulations, and geotechnical impacts
- Provide field project coordination, engineering services and troubleshooting with direct client interface
- Write or oversee technical reports and specifications including backfill, grading, road, and other civil design
- Support business development initiatives such as attending conferences, trade-shows, presenting papers, attending client meetings, developing opportunities and contributing/leading proposals
- Manage mid to large-size projects and teams up to $50MM in total installed cost.
- Contribute to projects with major focus in leadership of technical excellence or project management for larger or more complex projects
- Mentor junior staff
- For smaller design projects act in both the PM and technical roles
- Understand and implement civil improvements such as storm water collection and design, cut & fill grading
You will have a background in:
- A minimum of 10 years of project engineering experience
- A minimum 5 years in the mining pipeline sector with both project engineering and design experience or operating company experience .
- BS engineering degree from an accredited academic institution
- P.Eng. licensed
- Knowledge of gas and utility codes and regulations including 49 CFR Part 192, CPUC GO 112E, ASME B31.8
- Understanding of Pipeline Hazardous Materials and Safety Administration
- Project management experience, certification preferred
- Solid organization and time management abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills combined with a positive, team-oriented attitude
- Excellent Communication skills, both verbal and written
- High level of personal integrity with a strong work ethic
- Willingness to travel internationally as dictated by project demands
- Pass a pre-employment physical including a drug screening and background check
- Municipal experience a plus
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.