Shipping / Lead Loader
We are looking for experienced Lead Loaders for our Troy Ohio Client.
Current opening's on 2nd and 3rd shift.
Starting Pay - $15 / hr
- Responsibilities / Principal Duties
• Convey materials from production in storage areas to designated shipping sites through the use of tow motors, forklifts, and/or carts.
• Stack materials onto skids or assemble into bundles in preparation for being loaded.
• Loan materials onto trailers by hand in a safe and orderly manner. This includes ensuring that the load is sorted according to stop so that materials can be delivered and unloaded efficiently and loading the truck so that the weight is distributed appropriately, the load is secure, and the product does not get damaged during shipping.
• visually inspect products for damage before loading and to ensure the correct material is being shipped to the proper location.
• Scan materials and complete Bills of Lading for all materials loaded.
• follow prescribed safety regulations and standard operating procedures.
-Job knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• knowledge of materials required for each door model.
• ability to read understand shipping tags and locate required doors and hardware.
• Basic computer skills.
• strong communication and organizational skills.
• ability to read enter prep documents such as safety rules, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals; ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide using whole numbers, common fractions, or decimals.
• ability to work harmoniously and effectively as part of a work team.
• Close, distance, and peripheral vision
• depth perception
• ability to discern colors and adjust focus.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 1 to 2 years of related training and/or experience is preferred.