Social Worker - PT 0.4 - Cancer Clinic
Posting #: 2020-863270
Position : Social Worker
Department: Social Work and Patient Flow - Cancer Clinic
Status: Part-time (must provide availability up to 0.4 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday, 8 hourshifts, days (hours subject to change based on operational needs of the organization)
Site: Oakville (Milton & Georgetown)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you will be doing:
As a core member of the Out-Patient Cancer Clinic Team your primary focus is to support patients and their families as needed. You will act as a resource to the interdisciplinary team through consultation and education as needed.
You will use various modalities including Single Session Therapy, Brief Solution Focused Therapy,individual counseling, family meetings, psycho-educational workshops andeducation forums.You will provide information and facilitate connections to community resources based on the individual needs of the patient.
This is what you'll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- BSW or MSW required.
- Current registration and membership in good standing with the College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers
- Minimum 3 years experience in a hospital or community health organization.
- Must have experience with various patient populations.
- Strong clinical skills - assessment, counseling, and community integration.
- Strong communication and collaborative skills.
- CBT and Brief Solution Focused therapy experience preferred.
- Familiarity with community resources, relevant consent and capacity legislation
- Demonstrated ability to function independently.
- Proactive in identifying patient/family needs.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively as a member of the health care team.
- Strong ability to work collaboratively in a multidisciplinary team
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
- Demonstrated ability to maintain an evidence-based practice approach.
Date Posted:September 10, 2020
Internal applications due by: September 17, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.