Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and show dedication to their job. As the Specialist, Logistics, you will ensure drivers are assigned and designated for home furniture delivery in a timely manner. If you're excited about the challenge of working for a rapidly expanding global company, we have an opportunity for you to grow with XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including extended health benefits (medical, dental and vision), pension, life insurance, disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Generate and maintain a master list of all routes and trips, ensuring all required information is included
- Assist drivers with routing directions and delivery issues; inform drivers of service requirements
- Ensure all routes are covered in the event a driver is absent or unavailable
- Provide client with any information affecting their delivery, including accidents, breakdowns, emergencies, etc.
- Update inbound reports in Excel
- Complete incoming customer surveys and driver compliance follow-up
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of routing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 year of logistics experience
- The capability to work in a fast-paced environment while quickly learning job duties
- The skill to clearly and professionally communicate with customers via email and phone
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, record of offences, marital status, family status, disability or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time as needed.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
Accommodation email must include:
• Your name
• Job title with location (city/province) and requisition ID
• A clear description of the disability accommodation that you are seeking