Strategic Account Director
Strategic Account Director to join the team.
The Strategic Account Director is responsible to assume a lead role in supporting and driving revenue growth in assigned accounts while driving the Sales strategy, managing effective partnerships with client decision makers and attaining exceptional client satisfaction. This job keeps abreast of market trends, collaborates with key internal stakeholders to plan, drive, execute and report on sales activities, successfully achieve projected sales targets while positioning long term growth within the competitive marketplace. This job manages accounts of a large to enterprise market value or government accounts.
- Develops, fosters and sustains high-level relationships to serve as a trusted consultant with clients’ C-Suite executives, leaders and stakeholders to understand clients’ customers brand, competition and challenges, and anticipate changing business priorities to optimize and drive account growth.
- Develops market profile by representing the company at industry events.
- Grows the portfolio through proactive new business development and right-selling of appropriate service/products to clients.
- Collaborates with internal stakeholder teams to analyze, mitigate and resolve clients’ business and service challenges.
- Executes all phases of the sales process including client presentations, proposals, contract negotiations, and final close.
- Monitors and tracks the efficient administrative processing of client account management inclusive of but not limited to; partnering with internal support teams crafting and negotiating agreements / service level agreements and renewals and preparing overage reports.
- Orchestrates the ongoing monitoring and reporting of clients’ sales performance analytics in alignment to projected sales growth.
- Manage day-to-day sales development operations.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in business or communications or a related field is required.
- Minimum of 7 – 10 years of experience in sales account management across multidiscipline industries is required. Expertise within a global newswire/media distribution is a strong asset.
- In-depth knowledge and proven track record of success with SaaS sales and/or cloud methodology is required.
- In-depth exposure and success attaining sales targets and building the sales pipeline.
- In-depth expertise with Salesforce or similar CRM software coupled with reporting capabilities.
- Advanced and demonstrated ability to build relationships, persuade and influence clients’ C-Suite executives, leaders and stakeholders and/ or government officials.
- Stays abreast of the latest sales methodologies, tools, best practices and processes in the industry / marketplace.