Switchboard Operator - Part-time - Oakville
Posting #: 2020-867318
Position: Switchboard Operator
Department:Information Communication & Technology
Stat us: PermanentPart-Time (must provide availability up to 0.4 FTE)
Hours:Must be available to work all shifts (days, evenings and nights). Hours are subject to change based on operational requirements.
What you’ll be doing:
- Answering internal and external phone calls on a multi-line phone within a switchboardfor all three hospital sites
- Respond to inquiries through the physicians' answering service
- Maintain on call for physicians and clinical staff
- Respond to all emergency codes
- Page and or call/email physicians as required
- Other related duties
What you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcareis seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; are patient/customer focused; are team players; are effective communicators; are caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Grade 12 diploma required
- Minimum of 2 years of related experience working in a switchboard preferably in a hospital setting
- Must be able to type at least 30 wpm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent problem-solving ability
- Experience using a computer
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast paced, stressful environment
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Must beavailable for shifts on short notice
- Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the job which requires prolonged periods of sitting
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record required
Date Posted:November 19, 2020
Internal Applications Due By:November 26, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume. We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.