Technical Project Leader (6 Month Assignment)
- Designs, implements and manages execution of small & large projects within the facility.
- Develops project timelines and budgets and manages against these objectives through utilization of internal and external resources.
- Elements of project responsibility will include specifications, installation, commissioning, risk assessment, and final hand-over.
- Has primary responsibility for the effective spend and management of the small minor project budgets assigned and components of large minor projects.
- Leads technical continuous improvements with direct impact on improved safety, quality and productivity.
- Provides technical expertise for all phases of new capital projects (concept, design and execution) and site-wide continuous improvement initiatives.
- Proactively maintains level of technical knowledge.
- Support high level root cause analysis of failures and opportunities for improvement using historical data provided through information systems.
- Provides innovative solutions for re-occurring reliability issues.
- Improves and upgrades current systems and equipment through root cause failure analysis and breakdown analysis system.
- Leverages teams with cross functional involvement to assist in prioritizing actions.
- Designs engineering projects to meet safety requirements through Project Safety Review (PSR). Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following best practices and GMP's to promote associate safety and protect product integrity and incorporating into project design.
- Provides direction and guidelines for quality of work expected from onsite contractors.
- Provides direction and quality of work expected of contractors in area of responsibility and ensures contractors are conforming to site safety and GMP requirements.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment by following best practices and GMP's to promote associate safety and guard product integrity.
- Communication with sister units, co-manufacturers, co-packers, suppliers, and vendors to improve knowledge, develop relationships, and seek innovation.
- Support/lead equipment changes
- Complete site equipment/process knowledge Safety
- Play an active role in identification and resolving of workplace hazards
- Promotion of safe work practices
- Responsible for following all Quality and Food Safety Policies and applicable procedures.
- Interact with site Quality Team to effectively control of CCPs
- Working knowledge of CFIA and requirements for Thermal Processing
- Active leader in site HACCP program
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects meet quality and food safety policies and procedures Talent Development & Training
- Acting assessor to site training needs Special Project Management
- Participates in all Technical Operations based projects
- High school diploma & additional post-secondary degrees, certifications, licenses or diplomas.
- 1+ years of manufacturing experience with significant understanding of plant and manufacturing operations
- 1+ years experience in leadership and/or project management
- Proven ability to optimize equipment/processes to meet or exceed product specifications, schedule, and planned rates
- Excellent technical problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of safety, HACCP, ISO and safety practices and standards
- Demonstrated ability to continuously improve an area/equipment operation
- Bachelors degree
- Mechanical engineer background
- Recognized trade certificate/license (preferred)
- Lean business practices
- Six Sigma Green Belt Training
- Food safety
- People management