IS Technical Support
IS Technical Support
GHD is one of the world’s leading professional services companies operating in the global markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
Privately owned by our people, GHD provides engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services to private and public sector clients across five continents. Focused on creating lasting community benefit, our connected global network of 10,000 people deliver projects with high standards of safety, quality and ethics.
Provide client focused technical support and service on supported technology, applications and platforms to enable delivery of work to GHD’s clients by:
• Complete assigned tasks via the ticketing system, Manager and other sources to meet or exceed service levels
• Effective diagnosis and resolution of client issues to minimize recurrence
• Maintain professional, friendly and helpful interactions with clients at all times
• Accurately update and/or log all tasks/client requests in the ticketing system
• Effectively priorities tasks to ensure service levels/deadlines are met
• Keep your manager updated on job status, IT risk and other relevant info
• Escalation and communication of incidents to other relevant internal IS
• Build productive and supportive relationships with other IS teams
• Work collaboratively with ISHELP
• Maintain integrity and governance by adhering to standard service desk procedures and IS security protocols
• Build good relationships with clients in your office/region
• Take opportunities to educate and coach clients to increase their technical skills and encourage self-service
• Portray a positive image for IS by maintaining dress code, personal hygiene and communication standards
• Continually build your knowledge of GHD’s business and technologies and keep up to date on industry trends and technologies
• Sound technical knowledge of operating systems, key hardware and software applications
• Some exposure to network cabling and TCP/IP networks
• Knowledge of Active Directory, User and Computers and Security Groups desirable
• Excellent client service skills
• Good IT problem solving skills
• Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
• Team player, desire to learn, resilient, proactive
• Flexibility with work hours and travelling to other locations (car license essential)
• Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field desirable
• Minimum of 1 year experience in a helpdesk/desktop support role or similar
• Industry certification desirable (ie MSCE)
• Experience in a large and/or global professional services organization desirable
We offer a professional working environment and culture and believe that work / life balance is critical to the success and happiness of our people. We also offer competitive salary packages based on qualifications, skills and experience.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, GHD will provide reasonable accommodation for applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process.