At Golder, we thrive on challenges.
Golder is not just a place to work, it is a promise of a living, dynamic environment where people collaborate, innovate, build enduring relationships, excel, and grow professionally in a strong culture of ownership.
Do you have the desire to learn? The drive to excel and thrive in an engaged, collaborative environment?
Golder has a new opportunity for a Technician to join our Geoscience team on a full-time basis located in London.
An overview of your role will include:
- A wide variety of geo-environmental and hydrogeological investigations;
- Support for Phase I environmental site assessments, including data review, site reconnaissance, and report writing;
- Support for Phase II environmental site assessments, including drilling supervision, borehole logging, and sample collection;
- Site remedial activities, including supervision and post-completion monitoring;
- Geological, hydrogeological, and contaminant data compilation, interpretation, and reporting;
While the successful candidate will be a member of the London office, opportunities to work with other divisions and offices in Ontario will be available.
You will have a background including:
- An undergraduate and/or graduate degree in geological or environmental engineering or science, or related field;
- 0-2 years of experience in the assessment and remediation of contaminated sites (soil, groundwater and soil vapor sample collection);
- Experience in problem solving with industry standard commercial computer software;
- Strong technical skills;
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written);
- Strong people skills, with the ability to work in a team environment;
- Flexible and adaptable, with the ability to operate in both field and office environments;
- Must be eligible to register as an Engineer-In-Training or Geologist-In Training in Ontario;
- Willingness to work out-of-town (i.e. Northern Ontario or further afield in Canada or internationally) for two to three week-long assignments;
- Valid Ontario driver's license;
- New graduates are welcome to apply.
Your benefits at Golder will include:
- Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
- Option to purchase shares in Golder
- Employee owned structure - own the business, own the result
- Deepen your expertise in a dynamic work environment
- Innovative and collaborative multidisciplinary projects
- On the job training, mentoring and coaching
- Global projects and travel opportunities
One of Canada's Best Managed Companies, Platinum member status 11 consecutive years
Renowned for technical excellence, Golder is a leading, global employee-owned engineering and consulting firm with over a half century of successful service to its clients. With over 165 offices in over 30 countries, Golder's 6,500 professionals are driven by a passion to deliver results, offering unique specialized skills to address the ever-evolving challenges that earth, environment and energy present to clients across the infrastructure, mining, oil and gas, manufacturing and power sectors.
Golder is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. As such, Golder will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process to applicants with disabilities, upon request.
To learn more about our company and culture click here to view The Promise of Golder video.