TFT - Clerk II - Halton Diabetes Program
Position: Clerk II
Department: Halton Diabetes Program
Status: Temporary Full-time until approx.September 1, 2021
Hours: Monday to Friday -Days and evenings, 7.5 hour shifts (Hours subject to change based on operational needs)
Site: Oakville (Milton as required)
This is what you'll be doing:The successful incumbent will be working as a member of the diabetes clerical team and will be rotating between various clerical stations with specific responsibilities including:
- Patient reception
- Meditech pre-registration and registration including supporting the uptake of the registration kiosk
- Scanning of chart information and referral information into the EMR
- eReferral Management, Order Entry and booking
- Schedule/reschedule of patient appointments
- Support physicians, staff, patients and visitors with day-to-day operations
- Statistical collection – referral
- Answer telephone inquiries
- Rebooking for staff absences and other reasons
- Order supplies
- Supporting remotes sites with attendance sheets and other requests
- Other general office duties
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- College diploma in office administrationrequired or minimum of 2 years equivalent related clerical experience in a healthcare settingwill be considered
- 60 WPM typing speed required
- Medical terminology certificate required
- Required proficiency using Microsoft Office, Novari, Meditech Community-Wide Scheduling, Registration and Patient Care System
- Able to prioritize workload and complete responsibilities in an environment with many interruptions
- Able to function both independently and as a team player in a busy environment
- Demonstrated commitment to patient-centred care
- Excellent critical thinking skills
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to diplomatically respond to inquiries from staff, volunteers, patients, family members and members of the general public
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; standing; walking; and pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment.
Date Posted: June 25, 2020
Internal applications due by: July 2, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you.
Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume. W e thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.