TFT - Social Worker - REACH
Posting #: 2020-855110
Position: Social Worker
Department: Outpatient Mental Health Services- REACH Program(REACH - Recovery through Education for Adolescents and Children of Halton)
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 6 months
Hours: Monday - Friday, Days & Evenings, 7.5 hour shifts. (Subject to change based on operational requirements).
The REACH program is a partnership with the Halton District School Board. The REACH program focusses on providing mental health support and educational instruction to help children and adolescents experiencing a range of significant mental health concerns work towards both their recovery and educational goals. The program runs 5 days per week and includes both mental health and educational components each day. The REACH program is often accessed as an individual leaves inpatient mental health care or as an alternative to inpatient care. Clients generally spend between 1-8 weeks in the REACH program before transitioning back to their home school environment and other appropriate mental health services.
The Family Therapist will provide comprehensive assessment, treatment (including Family Therapy) and discharge planning utilizing a range of evidenced based therapies designed to improve outcomes for clients. The clinician will organize and attend case conferences/consultations with treatment providers, including physicians, schools and other community organizations as deemed appropriate, to advocate on behalf of the client. Clinician is responsible for maintaining current information on community resources and agencies to best support client needs. Clinician will be responsible for conducting/co-facilitating CBT and DBT skills and other groups for the Children and Adolescents within the REACH program.
Halton Healthcare is seeking individuals who are competent in their chosen profession; patient/customer focused;team players; effective communicators; caring and respectful and are fiscally responsible.
- Master of Social Work (child focus preferred) required
- Must be a member of the respective college
- Minimum of5 years previous clinical experience in child andadolescent mental health with demonstrated knowledge, skill and ability in the holistic assessment, treatment and evaluation of clients required
- Knowledge andskill basein CBT, DBT and Solution Focused Therapy preferred
- Must have a strong Family Therapist background
- Knowledge and skills related to crisis intervention required
- Demonstrated previous group experience with this population
- Demonstrated commitment to professional development
- Demonstrated ability to document according to college standards
- Demonstrated ability to function independently and be self-directed to think critically and problem solve effectively
- Demonstrated capacity to deliver culturally sensitive and appropriate patient care
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively within a team setting
- Commitment to customer service and teamwork
- Knowledge of Halton Community Resources an asset
- Excellent employment and attendance record
Date Posted: February 13, 2020
Internal applications due by: February 20, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.COM directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns