TFT - Sonographer - D.I
Posting #: 2020-855251
Department: Diagnostic Imaging - Ultrasound
Status: Temporary Full-time for approx. 3 months
Hours: Various rotating8 hour shifts (subject to change based on operational requirements).
Site: PrimarilyGeorgetown (provide coverage at Oakville &Milton as required)
This is what you'll be doing:
Capable of performing all ultrasound procedures, including abdominal, pelvic, obstetrical, and small parts. Experience in musculoskeletal, neurosonography, vascular imaging, as well as assisting in interventional procedures are assets.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- Registration in good sanding with CMRTO required
- Must have recent experience in a hospital environment.
- Must demonstrate competence in scanning abdominal, obstetrical, small parts, venous, carotid doppler and assisting in interventional procedures.
- Competence in musculoskeletal, arterial Doppler, trans-rectal and neuro sonography, although not required is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and manages competing priorities that require independent judgment and initiative to support efficient workflow.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills in the assessment of complex pathologies.
- Must have the ability to work independently
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills to interact with hospital staff and patients.
- Demonstrated commitment to be an integral part of the diagnostic imaging team to ensure smooth workflow within the department as well between the department and other departments in the hospital.
- Must provide compassion and respect for the patient, family and support persons in the provision imaging services.
- Reliable and adaptable.
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Date Posted: February 13, 2020
Internal applications due by: February 20, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.com directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.