Unit Clerk - TPT - ICU
Position: Unit Clerk
Department: Intensive Care Unit
Status: Temporary Part-time for approx. 1 year (must provide availability up to 0.5 FTE)
Hours: Monday to Sunday - Various rotating 8 hour shifts, days & evenings (Hoursare subject to change based on operational needs)
Halton Healthcare takes great pride in providing quality, compassionate healthcare services to our rapidly growing communities. As a progressive and vibrant healthcare organization, we are committed to being an innovative centre of excellence in community hospital care in the Halton and Peel Regions. We are a distinctive centre of healthcare excellence that offers first-rate care in an innovative environment that supports the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual needs of the community.
This is what you’ll be doing:
Copying physician orders. Filling patients information, documenting payroll, ordering and organizing supplies. Other duties as required.
This is what you’ll need to do it:
Halton Healthcare endeavors to hire individuals who are competent in their chosen profession and who exemplify our mission, vision and values of accountability, respect and compassion which guide our individual behaviours and attitudes.
- One (1) year recent relevant clerical experience in a healthcare setting, or recent Medical Office Administration Diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution
- Medical Terminology Certificate required
- A minimum of 30 wpm typing speed required
- Must have experience and be familiar with MS Word and Outlook email
- Must have fast and accurate computer data entry skills
- Must be able to multitask and work quickly in a critical care environment
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Must be able to prioritize workload and function independently in a busy environment
- Must be physically able to perform the job: prolonged periods of time sitting; pushing and pulling variety of wheeled equipment; repetitive forward bending, hand/arm activities, hand/finger dexterity; and carrying/lifting approximately 25lbs
- Must be able to read, write, speak and understand English fluently
- Demonstrated public relations skills and the ability to diplomatically respond to physicians, staff, and family inquires in a demanding work environment
- Satisfactory employment record and good attendance record
The ideal candidate is strong in patient centred care in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment and should be ready to drive change and innovation. We require a person with good communication skills with a clear patient focus with the ability to manage execution and to foster teamwork and cooperation.
Salary:$19.93to $24.88 per hour
Date Posted: February 13, 2020
Internal applications due by: February 20, 2020
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation.
All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products, We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns.