Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator
To serve as the Factory's Warehouse & Inventory Coordinator in order to meet the needs of factory by ensuring supply availability through driving inventory accuracy with space planning, managing rack locations, supporting operations with an effective fleet of equipment, developing SOP's and training associates in Inventory related procedures & processes. This role drives root cause analysis on system issues related to the ERP and plant related systems.
This is a critical role in the factory by ensuring Raw Material availability for a complex portfolio of diets for the Operations Team to produce each day.
This role Is also Involved and leads projects to Improve the overall performance of the factory - driving efficiency through collaboration.
The primary purpose of this contract role is to cover vacancies in the department and lead continuous improvement projects
• Collaborate with operators and other stakeholders to improve the performance of the factory
• WMS / ERP data accuracy, integrity and projects/improvements
• Oversee procedures and Inventory of Internal Warehouse
• Continuous improvement projects in Warehouse and Flow team
• Coordinate plant warehouse upkeep and maintenance including forklift equipment
• Ensure training & certification for new hires & ongoing training for existing associates
• Cycle Count Reconciliation
• Vendor relations
• Coverage of Flow Department Vacancies
• Any Flow Department functions as required
• Adherence to all MARS policies & procedures
• Other tasks / projects as assigned
RESPONSIBILITIES WHICH MAY INCLUDE:
• Review, Update and Maintain all SOPs for WMS
• Review, Update and Maintain all SOPs for Plant Warehouses
• Perform, Train and support associates in cycle count requirements
• Systems discrepancy tracking and follow-up
• Perform Inventory counts as required
• Inventory discrepancy tracking and follow-up
• Ongoing continuous Improvement projects
• Pro-active and daily follow up on hold products and dispositions/actions
• Ensure processes are in place to manage
• Create and maintain waste and rework KPI's
• Implementation and Follow up of Continuous improvements in Warehouse Flow
• Use KPIs to improve efficiencies
• Warehouse Upkeep and Maintenance (including Shipping Equipment)
• Physical Inventory Management and organization in both plant warehouses
• Report on KPIs for RC internal and external facilities
• Creation of Flow Purchase Orders
• Manage logistics surrounding waste company accounts
• Post & Communicate all Warehouse KPIs
• Supply local and overseas raw materials according to sales forecast in order to assure the daily needs of the factory
• Ensure financial expenses with suppliers are fulfilled according to contracts and MARS policies
• Responsible for maintaining freight lanes for raw materials that do not have a supplier driven route to the factory.
• Actively follow up with Commercial, Quality, and Operations teams for any short-dated, overstocked Raw materials and provide disposition information to Quality & Finance
• Perform all raw material planning functions within budgeted costs and according to Just-In-Time production concept
• Helps to ensure high TRS levels for the factory through efficient planning, and cross collaboration with all departments to deliver competing objectives
• Record or perform updates into Navision or any other allocated software according to internal rules & traceability requirements: Production needs, Inventory extractions & corrections as required
• Manage Freight for Palletized Raw Materials from 3PL Storage
PROJECT AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT MINDSET:
• Improve efficiency flow through the warehouses
• Provide improvement ideas including work conditions, safety, quality, food safety, costs, etc.
• Manage designated projects & budgets involved (Investments / improvement projects)
• RFQ for equipment and or process improvements with vendors
• Full circle Gap closure: Identify training shortfalls & create training to close knowledge gap
• Co-ordination of Investments and Projects in Flow Scope (Sales Administration Operations, Planning, Raw Material and Packaging Supply, Freight, and Flow Warehousing)
• Continuous Improvement on SMI target levels to ensure the highest service level, lowest inventory carrying cost, and maximized run efficiencies using advanced analytic skills
• Change Management Leader
• High Performing Collaboration mindset
QUALITY & FOOD SAFETY:
• Guarantee and apply ISO 9001, FSS/ISO22000, Mars Standards, and all related working procedures
• Support the HACCP program in the department
• Conduct, in collaboration with the Sanitation Coordinator, a Periodic GMP-GHP in the area (Mars Standards - eg. Pallet distance from walls, zoning constraints, trailer requirements, etc)
o Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of plant warehouses including review of shift change forms
o Implement & ensure 5S in warehouses
o Support pest control activities within department
o Ensure proper cleaning tools are on hand and replaced when necessary
o Organize, follow and validate weekly cleaning in FG warehouse, including ensuring weekly cleaning check list SOP is updated
• Tracking of Inventory non-conformities / hold products (including packaging) in FG warehouse and provide root cause analysis and implement corrections
• Prevent shipping errors and pallet errors through continuous improvement projects, effective communication/process implementation and provide feedback to associates
• All PPE must be worn in compliance with the OHSA/RC requirements
• Respect & Encourage other to follow the safety rules and the internal policy
• Perform safety audits in plant warehousing with a Joint Health and Safety Committee member
• Perform Racking Inspections In warehouse
• Stop any equipment / operative works / external company works if safety/environment protection/fire protection rules are broken
• Perform validation/competence for any new employees on shipping equipment and refresh any current associates designated by the Flow and RC Training Matrix.
• Ensure racks are repaired in a timely manner if any damages noted
Context and Scope
Collaborating internally with:
• On Site: Production Scheduler, Raw Material Receiving, Packaging Supply Coordinator, Warehouse Coordinator, Shift Lead, QF&S, Grinding Coordinator, Regulatory Affairs
• Off Site: Commercial Supply Team, Regional VCO
• External: Raw Material Suppliers, Transportation Company's, Traxxside External Storage
This is critical role within the factory which has great influence on its ability to perform at peak performance. In this role, the candidate must walk a fine line of being flexible enough with suppliers / logistic companies to be a desirable partner but firm enough to ensure the resources required are obtained in the right quantities and at the right time.
Statistical inventory modelling Is a key component to the success of this role along with strong Inventory management skills to enable high levels of Inventory accuracy. This role is highly collaborative Inside & outside the factory and Is highly visible in terms of our business relationships with our suppliers.
Education and Professional Qualifications
• College/University degree in APICS CPIM designation, Supply Chain Management, and/or Bachelor of business Administration
• Will consider work experience if it is extensive and progressive with respect to increasing responsibility, with a minimum of 3 years' experience in JIT production planning, operations planning, and inventory management.
• Preferred experience in leading others.
• Demonstrated interpersonal, coaching and communication skills.
• Fully functional in Microsoft Office at an intermediate to advanced level.
• Mobile, and capable of climbing ladders / stairs, capable of working at heights/on platforms, and capable of moderate lifting (55 Lbs).
• Previous experience in food / feed process industry preferred.
• Capable of communicating, persuading, managing cost, initiating work, engaging peers, motivating themselves, functioning within a team, complying to work standards, mechanically inclined, leadership skills.
Key Mars Leadership Competencies
• Peer Relationships
• Problem Solving
• Drive for Results
• Strategic Agility
• Action Oriented
Key Functional Competencies and Technical Skills
• Analytical Capability (Advanced)
• Planning (Essential)
• Financial Essentials (Essential)
• Lean Principles (Essential)
• Business Process Application (Advanced)
• $100M+ In Raw Materials Annually, 110+ Raw Materials
• Multiple Receiving Methods (Pallet, Bulk, Pneumatic, Liquid, Liquid Totes)
• Raw Materials are Managed Across 2 Locations
• Multiple Transit Methods (Rail, Boat, Truck)